- Category: Linux tips, articles and hacks
- Created on Sunday, 15 August 2004 13:23
- Last Updated on Saturday, 15 March 2014 21:26
Here is how it is done
- Compile, install the WM of your choice.
- login as root and go to directory
- Create a file in the diectory, and give it he name of whatever WM you have installed i.e. Fluxbox, Enlightenment, WMaker etc.
- Enter the following lines into the above file
#!/bin/bash exec [Path to the WM launcher]Change the [Path to the WM launcher] to whatever your WM uses. In case of Fluxbox it is
/usr/bin/startfluxbox, in case of Enlightenment it is
/etc/X11/xdm/Xsession enlightenmentand in case of WindowMaker it is
/etc/X11/xdm/Xsession wmaker. These locations may change according to the options you have used while compiling.